Thursday, July 21, 2011

Update #3

I apologize for my lack of updates, this is our third one while we've been here, and 4th total update on the Toronto 2011 missions trip.  This week has disappeared, I can't believe I sit up writing this email knowing I will be waking up in 6 hours and we will be on our way home after that!

This week has been impactful on the hearts and lives of each and every student here.  I firmly believe that, and I have seen a life change in even the past 24 hours.  God's Spirit is at work, and many of your students were completely exposed and vulnerable before God.

The Youthworks staff has been amazing, and many of them have become very close with many of us leaders and students.

Wednesday and Thursday were both just another work day, but at night on Wednesday we went to Chinatown to hang out and shop a little, Thursday night we were at a park and saw a beautiful backdrop of the Toronto skyline.

Both Wednesday and Thursday night talks and church group discussions resulted in really cool things.  Almost every student was in tears listening to and being sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit in their lives.  I have had numerous talks with students from our group and had the opportunity to pray with them.  Thursday night was a little different, not in what God was doing, but different in the fact that the Youthworks staff washed our feet, and then in return we washed the feet of our students and prayed with and for them.  It was powerful.

If you have been praying for our week thank you so much! The hand of God has been seen, and I firmly believe that is due in large part to your prayers.  Northside Baptist, and especially encounter student ministries will not be the same ever again.  Each student belongs, and each student wants to make changes in their lives.

That is all for now, I should probably get to bed, but pass this post along and let everyone know the cool things that have been going on this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment